Blueberry-Almond Crème Muffins
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 oz
- cream cheese (half of 8-oz package), softened
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/4 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- slivered almonds, blanched and chopped
- 1 can(s)
- pillsbury™ grands!™ flaky layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1/4 c
- blueberry preserves
How to Make Blueberry-Almond Crème Muffins
- 2In medium bowl, stir cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, almond extract and vanilla until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, stir cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, almond extract and vanilla until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- 4Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate 1 biscuit into 3 layers. Brush 1 layer with melted butter. Firmly press layer, butter side down, into almond mixture, coating evenly. Place layer, almond side down, in bottom and up side of muffin cup. Fill with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture; spread evenly. Top with second biscuit layer; press edges of layers together. Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of the preserves onto middle of second layer. Brush third biscuit layer with melted butter; firmly press, butter side down, into almond mixture. Place third layer, almond side up, on second layer; press edge of third layer into edge of second layer.
- 5Repeat with remaining biscuits, refrigerating biscuits if dough becomes too soft to separate. Sprinkle any remaining almond mixture onto tops of biscuits.
- 6Bake 17 to 27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
- 7®Crisco is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010