Banana Nut Muffins
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- overripe bananas
- 1 c
- dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c
- (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- pecans pieces
How to Make Banana Nut Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray or line with liners.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda & salt, set aside. In a small bowl, mash 2 of the bananas with a fork, set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat the remaining 2 bananas with the brown sugar for about 3 minutes on medium speed.
- 4Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- 5Add dry ingredients and beat again, just until incorporated.
- 6Add mashed bananas and pecans, fold into batter with spatula.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Edges will become golden brown, toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- 8If using loaf pan, cook at 375 for 60 minutes. Edges will brown, middle will puff up and crack slightly. Toothpick inserted in middle will come out clean.