Applesauce Cardamom Muffins
Cardamom is relatively pricey. I found my jar at World Market for $3.99.
3/4 capplesauce, unsweetened
1 largeegg, beaten
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/3 ccooking oil
1 2/3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspcardamom, ground
1/4+ cwalnuts, chopped small
How to Make Applesauce Cardamom Muffins
- Chop walnuts and set aside.
- Measure flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cardamom in a bowl and stir with a fork to mix well.
- Place remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk well to mix. Add flour mix and nuts and fold to mix just until no flour streaks show. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter to evenly fill a regular 12 muffin pan. The pan should be well buttered and lightly floured on the bottom....or alternately use muffin papers.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees. When you place the pan in the oven, immediately reduce heat to 375 degrees. Muffins are done in 16 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool 10 minutes on a wire rack before releasing to cool completely on the rack.
- Serve these freshly baked muffins simply with softened unsalted butter to appreciate the delicate flavors.