6 week Bran Muffins
- 3 c
- 1 qt
- 6 c
- assorted bran cereal, such as all bran buds, raisin bran or all bran flakes
- 5 c
- 1 c
- 5 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- walnuts or raisins (optional)
How to Make 6 week Bran Muffins
- 1In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar. Stir in buttermilk, cereal, flour, oil baking soda and salt.
Mix thoroughly. You may add walnuts or additional raisins (optional)
- 2Refrigerate at least 6 hours before using. Then fill your muffin papers or greased tins 2/3 full. Bake 400 degrees, 15-20 minutes.
- 3This batter may be stored in a covered tightly container for up to 6 weeks. You can bake 2 or 3 or whatever you choose at a time. Do not stir the batter when you take it from the refrigerator. It will appear light and airy.