Yeast Free Garlic Naan
You will need 4 hours to let the dough rise in the oven, so prepare this ahead of time if you wish.
How to Make Yeast Free Garlic Naan
- 1Sift the dry ingredients into a medium size glass or metal bowl.
- 2Add the yogurt and mix with you hands until crumbly, then add some water to give you a sticky, loose but light dough.
- 3Add the lemon juice and give it another mix.
- 4Cover with a damp cloth and a lid.
- 5Heat your oven to 250'F for a few minutes, then shut the heat off and put the bowl with the dough in the oven for 4 hours. You need this time for the leavening to take affect.
- 6After the time is up the dough should have risen up. Flour your hands good and take a good handful of dough.
- 7This dough will be extremely sticky so play with it adding more flour until its workable, then flatten it and form into a flat oval shape that is 1/4 to 1/2" thick and about 6" long.
- 8Add some of your grated garlic to one side and cilantro if using. Then gently roll with a rolling pin to push the garlic and cilantro into the dough.
- 9Get your skillet hot (do not add oil) and cook the Naan for a few minutes on one side, then flip and do the other. Watch it doesn't burn, the garlic won't taste good if you burn it.
- 10You can also cook this over an open flame on your gas stove if you have one. Keep an eye on it there too so it doesn't burn. Repeat until you use up the dough. Spread some butter or vegan margarine on the Naan. Eat warm.