My very favorite tortilla is the corn tortilla...There are a lot you can do with corn tortillas...You can even fry in oil and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake...they are yummmmy...use in enchiladas, tacos and many other recipes, chips for salsa and guacamole too.....
1Temperature: Medium-High cast iron griddle
21. Combine Masa Harina and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Add boiling water and stir until dough resembles, thick, cooked cereal.
33. Wet hands and form dough into balls the size of an egg.
4. Place each ball of dough between two lightly moistened pieces of waxed paper and flatten to about 1/8 inch thick, using a tortilla press, rolling pin, or pressure from the hands. Remove tortilla from waxed paper. You must put a bag (or wax paper) on the press, or the dough will stick to it.
45. Heat griddle or skillet on medium-high heat. Place each tortilla on the griddle and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side. Then, quickly flop your tortilla on the skillet. Once you begin to see some bubbles appear, take your spatula and flip it over and let it cook on the other side. Once the other side is a little brown just remove it from the burner, and place it to the side. (Tortillas should be lightly speckled.)
5Masa Harina is available in the cereal section of most grocery stores or where the flour is......