The Lazy Good Bread
How to Make The Lazy Good Bread
- Put the yeast in a large bowl, add the water, and whisk until dissolved. Add the honey and stir in. Add the flours, and salt. Mix until it becomes gooey. Then oil hands and pour about a couple of TBSP of olive oil over the dough, and mix with hands only until everything is encorporated. Form into ball.
- Oil a piece of plastic wrap and cover the bowl. Place a couple of towels over and place in a warm spot for 12 hours. (I start this the night before)
- An hour before baking, turn on the oven to 500 with a pizza stone inside.
Get your dough.
- Take a piece of parchment paper and place in a shallow pan. (I used a 10 x 6). Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with a tbsp or so of cornmeal. Take a spatula and oil it. Tip the bowl with dough toward the pan and use the spatula to loosen and guide the dough into the pan. It will slide out pretty easy. Cover it with the oiled saran wrap an return to warm place until the hour is up on the oven heating.
- Spray the top of the loaf with water. Place the dough in the pan on the pizza stone quickly and close the oven. Reduce temp to 450. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until brown, fairly hard on top. Remove to a wire rack to cool.