1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/2 c+ 2 tablespoons warm water 105-110 degrees
1 3/4 call-purpose flour, divided
3/4 tspsalt, divided
2 Tbspfresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
How to Make Rosemary Focaccia
- Combine yeast and warm water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine yeast mixture, 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup flour over work surface. Turn dough onto surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts until doubled in bluk. (about 1 hour)
- Punch down. Pat dough into an 8 inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Poke holes in dough at 1 inch intervals with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle dough with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and rosemary.
- Drizzle evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until golden. Cut focaccia into 8 wedges.