- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 1/2 c
- + 2 tablespoons warm water 105-110 degrees
- 1 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 tsp
- salt, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Rosemary Focaccia
- 1Combine yeast and warm water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Combine yeast mixture, 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- 3Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup flour over work surface. Turn dough onto surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 4Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts until doubled in bluk. (about 1 hour)
- 5Punch down. Pat dough into an 8 inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 6Poke holes in dough at 1 inch intervals with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- 7Sprinkle dough with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and rosemary.
- 8Drizzle evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- 9Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until golden. Cut focaccia into 8 wedges.