How to Make Pita Bread
- 1Into a large bowl, sift flour. Stir in yeast and salt. Add oil and mix in enough water to make a soft dough.
- 2Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead thoroughly for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 3Cut dough into 12 equal-size pieces. Roll each into and ball, then out into an oval shape. about 7-inches long.
- 4Place on floured trays, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 5Preheat oven to 475-degrees, Oil 2 baking sheets and place in the oven to heat. Place 3 pita breads on each baking sheet and sprinkle with water.
- 6Bake 5 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet and wrap in a cloth while baking the remaining bread.
- 7I can't resist eating while it is still warm with some feta cheese that partially melts from the heat of the pita. You will love them.