2 cflour-you may need slightly more
1 tspactive dry yeast
4 Tbspmelted butter
2 Tbspplain yogurt
2/3 cluke warm water
How to Make Naan Bread
- Take luke warm water in a cup, dissolve yeast and sugar in it and keep it aside. Allow it to rise. It normally takes only about 5-10 minutes to rise well.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl and add yeast- sugar mixture, yogurt and half of the butter into it.
- Mix together to form a smooth dough. Again knead it on a flat surface to make it more smoother. Add more flour if dough is too sticky.
- Then it has to be kept in a greased, covered bowl (preferably in a warm place,may be inside the cooking range) and allow it to stand for almost 1 hr, by which the dough will be sized double.
- Knead the dough for 5 more minutes by punching it down.
- Divide into lemon sized balls. Flatten (extreme) each ball using hand,and add the toppings.
- Now heat a skillet (I didn’t have a grill pan, so I used a skillet) on the stove top. Grease it with oil and wipe it off with a cloth or kitchen tissue.
- Place the flattened dough on it, and cook it on medium heat.
- Within few minutes, it will puff up, then apply melted butter on 2 -3 spots and turn it over.
- Cook for few more minutes and remove. Immediately wrap it in a kitchen towel.
- Serve warm.