Moroccan Honey Bread
1 1/4 cupswarm water
1 (1/4-oz) pkgactive dry yeast (2 1/3 tsp)
2 cupsall-purpose flour
1 1/2 cupswhole wheat flour
3 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbsptoasted sesame seeds
How to Make Moroccan Honey Bread
- Gently stir 1/2 cup of the warm water into the yeast, honey and salt. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Sift both flours into a large bowl. Stir 1 Tbsp olive oil, remaining 3/4 cup warm water, and the yeast mixture into the flour, stirring until soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Grease 2 standard size baking trays (cookie sheets); set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Knead dough halves for 1 minute each. Shape each kneaded dough portion into a flat 8- to 9-inch round loaf. Place 1 on each prepared tray. Cover with plastic wrap and stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brush loaves with remaining oil. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve warm.