Moroccan Flat Bread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cupextra virgin olive oil
4 1/2 cupslukewarm water
2 2/3 cupschickpea flour, sifted
2 tspground cumin
·olive oil, for brushing
How to Make Moroccan Flat Bread
- Preheat oven at 500°F. Mix together the cumin and harissa powder, and set aside.
- In food processor, pulse the egg and 1/4 cup olive oil until foamy. Add salt and half of the water and pulse until well incorporated. Add half of the chickpea flour and pulse about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add the remaining water and flour, and pulse just until well incorporated. If not baking bread immediately, place batter in bowl, cover bowl, and keep in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Brush a large cast iron skillet with olive oil. Place skillet in oven for 3 minutes to get very warm.
- Whisk the batter thoroughly until smooth. Pour batter into warm skillet, and return to oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top of the baked bread with a little olive oil and cover skillet loosely with foil. Place skillet back in oven, turn off heat, and leave skillet in over for 20 more minutes or until evenly browned on top and glazed nicely with the olive oil.
- Mix together the cumin and harissa, and place in small serving bowl, and serve with the flat bread.
- Remove skillet from oven, and let cool for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges and bottom with a spatula, and slide baked bread onto a cutting board. Cut into 8 triangle wedges, and serve at room temperature with the cumin/harissa blend, for guests to sprinkle on their serving(s), if they wish.