Light and Simple Flour Tortillas
How to Make Light and Simple Flour Tortillas
- In a large bowl add dry ingredients mix with fork.
- Add shortening. Use a pastry cutter to blend shortening into the flour until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center add hot water/olive oil combine with fork. When dough comes together lightly flour board and knead for 5 mins. Let rest for 30 mins.
- Divide dough into 16 portions. Flour board/ rolling pin. Roll to desired size.
- I like to use the mexican comal to cook the tortillas, but you can use a nonstick skillet.
- Cook tortillas on both sides for about 1 min or until brown.