Home Made Spelt Tortillas
How to Make Home Made Spelt Tortillas
- Heat up your cast iron fry pan or tortilla grill on high heat. The grill has to be very hot.
Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Cover in a bowl, let sit in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the bowl and form into 8 equal sized balls. Let sit in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- When time is up remove one ball at a time and roll out in a thin circle.
- Put the rolled out tortilla on the grill and heat until you see bubbles on top of the tortilla. Check underneath to make sure it's not burning.
- You should see little dark bubbles under the cooking tortilla, flip it over and cook for another 35-45 seconds or if smoke appears.
- Repeat with each tortilla. Store them in a plastic bag wrapped in a moist paper towel. These will dry out if not kept moist.
- Refrigerate in the bag with the moist paper towels until you are ready to serve. You can freeze these but remove the paper towel if you do.
- When you serve these, top with whatever you enjoy on a tortilla, roll up and enjoy.