How to Make Garlic Naan
- In a Lg. bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let stand for 10 min., until nice and frothy. Stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt and flour.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 6 to 8 min. until smooth.
- Oil the inside of a Lg. bowl and place the dough inside the bowl, turning over once to coat. Cover with a towel and set aside to rise for 1 hr or until doubled in size. (I palce mine in my oven to keep out of the way)
- Punch down the dough and knead in the minced garlic. Divide the dough into 10 balls and place on a tray, recover and let sit to rise again for 30 min.
- When doubled in size, heat a lightly oiled griddle/castiron skillet on med high until hot. Roll out 1 ball of dough into a thin oblong shape. Place on the hot griddle and brush the top with the melted butter. Cook for about 2 to 3 min, until lightly browned and puffy. Turn over and brush the top again with the melted butter cooking for about 2 to 3 mins more.
- Continue with step 5 until all are cooked, placing the finished naan on a plate and covering with foil to keep warm.