How to Make Flour Tortillas
- 1Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add Crisco and work in with a pastry blender or your hands until mixture resembles small pebbles.
- 2Add warm water a little at a time and work dough with your hands until all water is incorporated and dough is no longer sticky.
- 3Knead 15-20 times. Cover and allow dough to rest for about 10 minutes.
- 4Form dough into small balls, about the size of a golf ball. Roll them out until thin, about 6 inches in diameter.
- 5Cook on griddle over medium heat, a few minutes on each side until brown-black spots appear. (Time will vary with your range and the griddle used.)
- 6Serve immediately, spread with butter.
NOTE: These will keep for several days in a plastic bag and can be reheated in a microwave -about 10 sec for 2 tortillas.