1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
3large eggs, seperated
1/2 clingonberries or raisins* see note below
·powdered sugar for sprinkling
·vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Edna's Ferdans
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- beat egg yolks, sugar and buttermilk together in a bowl.
- combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
- *at this point, optional add-ins go in: 1/2 tsp. orange zest with 1/2 cup lingonberries, or; 1/2 tsp. cardamon with 1/2 cup raisins.
- beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. let stant 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet and add enough vegetable oil to fry Ferdans. Drop by 1 tablespoon each in the skillet and fry til golden (like pancakes).
- sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy