Easy Almond Pancakes
4 ozpancake mix (i used hungry jack buttermilk pancake mix)
1/3 cwater (adjust to pancake consistency preference)
4 dash(es)sugar cinnamon mixture
1 pkgalmonds (sliced)
1 Tbspbutter or margarine (i used smart balance)
How to Make Easy Almond Pancakes
- Pre-heat skillet and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour pancake mix into mixing bowl (keep some on the side in case you need to make the mix thicker. Add water, sugar cinnamon mixture, and nutmeg, then stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into hot skillet and cook until brown on the bottom. While cooking, coat top side of the pancakes with sliced almonds.
- Once browned on the bottom, flip pancakes and cook until browned. Almonds will toast and stick to the pancake.
- Put tablespoon of butter on plate, then place the cook pancake on top. Lift pancake every few seconds and spread melting butter across the plate. NOTE: The butter can go on top the pancake, but I liked the level of moisture the butter added to the pancake from beneath.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy! Goes great with syrup and sliced bananas.