County Clare Oatcakes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cstone ground oatmeal
1 1/2 cwhole wheat plus 3 tablespoons for dusting
1/2 tspsea salt
3/4 cboiling water
How to Make County Clare Oatcakes
- Pulse oatmeal, flour, butter, and salt in a food processor until pea-size crumbles form.
- Add water; pulse until dough forms, transfer dough to a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Press a sheet of parchment paper over dough and using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 1⁄2" thick square; cover with a kitchen towel and let sit 1 hour to dry slightly.
- Pre-heat oven to 250°F.
- Using a 3" round cutter, cut out cakes; gather and reuse scraps.
- Transfer cakes to a baking sheet; bake, flipping once, until golden and slightly crisp, 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- The more slowly it cooks, the better the flavor will be.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.