Chef Rooster's Focaccia Bread
- 3 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin for topping
- 1 tsp
- dried italian seasonings for topping
- parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 c
How to Make Chef Rooster's Focaccia Bread
- 1Combine 1 cup flour, sugar ,salt and yeast in mixing bowl. Mix well. Heat teh one cup water and olive oil until warm. Add to yeast/flour mixture along with the egg. Blend with mixer at low speed till moistened. Beat for 2 additional minutes. Stir in 1 3/4 cup flour while beating, until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- 2Put dough out onto floured surface and knead in about 1/2 cup flour. Just knead dough till flour is incorporated into it. Place bowl over dough and let sit 5 minutes. Place dough on greased baking sheet. Roll out by hand into 12 inch circle. Cover with greased plastic wrap (spray wrap with Pam) and cloth towel. Place in warm spot for half an hour.
- 3Uncover dough and using a wooden spoon handle poke holes in dough at 1 inch intervals. Warm your 3 tablespoons olive oil and using a pastry brush gently brush ALL of oil over bread dough. Sprinkle the seasonings over it and then sprinkle your grated Parmesan cheese over dough. I did not measure the cheese just used a good handful.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for around 17 to 24 minutes or till JUST lightly golden brown. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Keep your eye on it. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack. Cut with pizza cutter.