Cheese and Olive Focaccia
I found this recipe in the Detroit News sometime ago and it has been a hit with my family ever since!!
- 8 oz
- thawed frozen bread dough at room temperature (see note)
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- pitted green olives
- 2 Tbsp
- crumbled goat cheese with herbs
- 2 Tbsp
- shredded mozzarella
How to Make Cheese and Olive Focaccia
- 1Press dough into a circle on a baking sheet sprinkled with corn meal. Cover lightly with a dishtowel or an oiled sheet of plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 2Make dimples in the dough with your thumb.
- 3Sprinkle oil over the dough allowing some to run into the dimples.
- 4Scatter schallots and olive slices over the dough.
Sprinkle on goat cheese and mozzarella.
- 5Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Cut in half and werve
- 6NOTE: Frozen bread dough usually comes in 1# loaves. Cut a loaf in half and return half to the freezer. Use the quick thaw method according to the package directions.