Cheddar Bacon Waffles
My husband use to love this served with a fried egg on top... and he would eat it on the go!
I liked it with the egg served on the side and I also liked homemade jam with it.
My nephew would put a couple of eggs on one and cover it with another waffle making a waffle sandwich!
Hopefully your family will like these waffles too! Enjoy!
3 largeeggs (beat the whites until stiff, lightly beat the yolks)
2 csour cream
3 Tbspbacon fat/drippings (or melted butter)
4 cbisquick baking mix
1 lbbacon, cooked and crumbled
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheddar Bacon Waffles
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Fry the bacon. Let it cool. Crumble it and set it aside until needed.
Shred the cheddar cheese and set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl: beat the egg yolk, milk, butter and sour cream together very well. Stir in the Bisquick and mix together well.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, fold it into the batter. Fold in the crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese that has been shredded.
- Grease the waffle iron. Put some batter into the waffle iron. Cook as you do any waffle until golden brown.
- **** Serve with eggs on top, or on the side.
**** Serve with jam, jelly or syrup.