Cheddar Bacon Waffles
My husband use to love this served with a fried egg on top... and he would eat it on the go!
I liked it with the egg served on the side and I also liked homemade jam with it.
My nephew would put a couple of eggs on one and cover it with another waffle making a waffle sandwich!
Hopefully your family will like these waffles too! Enjoy!
- 3 large
- eggs (beat the whites until stiff, lightly beat the yolks)
- 2 c
- 2 c
- sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- bacon fat/drippings (or melted butter)
- 4 c
- bisquick baking mix
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cheddar Bacon Waffles
- 1Preheat the waffle iron.
- 2Fry the bacon. Let it cool. Crumble it and set it aside until needed.
Shred the cheddar cheese and set aside until needed.
- 3In a large bowl: beat the egg yolk, milk, butter and sour cream together very well. Stir in the Bisquick and mix together well.
- 4Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, fold it into the batter. Fold in the crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese that has been shredded.
- 5Grease the waffle iron. Put some batter into the waffle iron. Cook as you do any waffle until golden brown.
- 6**** Serve with eggs on top, or on the side.
**** Serve with jam, jelly or syrup.