Black Pepper Focaccia Bread
3 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 Tbsppowdered buttermilk or plain
1 1/2 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspolive oil
2 tspactive dry yeast
·coarse sea salt
How to Make Black Pepper Focaccia Bread
- In a small bowl mix together hot water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for a few minutes to let it start activating.
- In a medium bowl mix together, flour, powdered milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil in bread machine pan then liquid mix then flour mix. Set machine to "Dough Only" cycle. Check after a few minutes and scrape inside of pan to make sure all flour gets incorporated.
- I like to "warm" my pan/pans in my oven using the oven light while the bread dough does it's thing. I add a generous amount of cooking oil or olive oil to the bottom of the pan and coat it well then put it in the oven until needed, (no heat).
- You can use a 9x13 pan or two loaf pans. Once dough has finished the cycle and risen, place into pan(s). Place back in the oven with light on, cover and allow to rise to double in size. Remove pans, preheat oven to 400º. Spray tops of bread with spray oil and sprinkle on Coarse sea salt. Place bread in oven and bake 23 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.