★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 ozdried yeast
9 flounces of hand hot water
12 ozwhite bread flour
1 tspolive oil
How to Make Basic Pizza Dough
- Mix yeast and sugar with 2fl ounces of the water. Leave the mixture in a warm place for 15 minutes until frothy.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt, then make a well in the center. Add the oil, yeast mixture and remaining water. Using a spoon, mix together to form a smooth dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured counter and knead for 4-5 minutes until smooth.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a clean damp dish towel, and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes then stretch the dough with your hands to form a round. Place it on an oiled baking sheet, pushing out the edges until even. The dough should be no more than 1/4inch thick because it will rise during cooking.