Tropical Banana Bread
1 3/4 call-purpose flour
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/3 cshortening (or coconut oil)
3/4 tspgrated orange rind
2eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 tspcoconut extract, or vanilla
1 cbanana pulp (i happened to have 5 mini bananas +1 regular)
1/2 cmixed, dried tropical fruits, chopped
1/4 cpowdered (confectioners) sugar
1 Tbsporange juice
How to Make Tropical Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with Pam spray for baking (or grease and flour pan).
- Mash bananas, set aside
- Sift or mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream shortening with sugar and orange zest.
- Beat in the banana pulp, extract and the eggs.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped fruits.
- Place in prepared pan. Bake until done, approximately 50 minutes.
- Cool and drizzle with glaze made of confectioners sugar and orange juice.