Tropical Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 c
- shortening (or coconut oil)
- 2/3 c
- 3/4 tsp
- grated orange rind
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- coconut extract, or vanilla
- 1 c
- banana pulp (i happened to have 5 mini bananas +1 regular)
- 1/2 c
- mixed, dried tropical fruits, chopped
- 1/4 c
- powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice
How to Make Tropical Banana Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with Pam spray for baking (or grease and flour pan).
- 2Mash bananas, set aside
- 3Sift or mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 4Cream shortening with sugar and orange zest.
- 5Beat in the banana pulp, extract and the eggs.
- 6Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- 7Fold in the chopped fruits.
- 8Place in prepared pan. Bake until done, approximately 50 minutes.
- 9Cool and drizzle with glaze made of confectioners sugar and orange juice.