Tina's Butter Horns
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cwarm water (110 degrees)
1 1/2 tspdry yeast
1 tspwhite sugar
1/2 cwhite sugar
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, room temp
How to Make Tina's Butter Horns
- In small saucepan heat the shortening and milk until melted, cool down to warm.
- Dissolve yeast and the 1 tsp sugar in the 1/2 cup warm water. Let proof 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl mix beaten eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and the salt.
- Stir flour and baking powder together. Add egg mixture to yeast mixture. Add all o that to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. No need to knead. Cover and chill dough overnight.
- Next day, Divide dough into 4ths. Roll out each section and spread with butter. Top with cinnamon sugar, nuts and cinnamon sugar, chopped maraschino cherries and sugar or just top with butter and then you could top the butter with dried minced onion or garlic powder and parmesan cheese for a savory dinner roll..
- Cut each circle into 8ths. Roll starting at the wide end. Place on greased cookie sheets. Rise 3-4 hours Bake 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Make a powder sugar frosting. Flavor powder sugar with Maple flavored extract for tan frosting or use maraschino cherry juice for pink frosting. If making a dinner roll or savory roll, brush with beaten egg wash and top with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.