Sweet Potato Beignets
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cmashed cooked sweet potato
1/2 csilk pure almond® milk
1 Tbspmargarine, melted
1/2 cegg substitute
1 tspvanilla extract
1 call-purpose flour
1/4 corganic sugar
3/4 tspbaking powder
2 cvegetable oil, for frying
2 Tbspspowdered sugar, garnish
How to Make Sweet Potato Beignets
- Drain and mash canned sweet potato (or boil and mash whole potato).
- Mix sweet potato with almond milk, margarine, egg substitute and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix flour with sugar, salt and baking powder. Add flour mixture to sweet potatoes and mix.
- In a heavy pot heat oil to 365 degrees F. Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and fry beignets until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar. Can serve alone or on a bed of cream sauce of your choice.