- 1 c
- butter melted
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 1/4 c
- hot milk
- 2 pkg
- 1/4 c
- water 115'
- 1 tsp
- each almond and vanilla
- 1 pkg
- small pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 7-10 c
- flour (could use more, could use less...its just a guide)
How to Make Swedish Bread
- 1Mix Butter, sugar, salt and hot milk together, and let cool to lukewarm. stir yeast into warm water to prof. Stir eggs, yeast, and extracts into 5 cups of flour and pudding mix. Bring together into "loose dough" Beat in mixer for 5 min, then let rest for 10 min.
- 2At this point I divide into 2 batches. It makes ALOT of dough, and most mixers cant handle it. Add 3 more cups of flour to first batch and bring together into a shaggy dough. Repeat with second batch. Beat both batches with dough hook for 10 min. Let again rest 10 min. Then beat in the rest of flour till you have a soft dough that pulls away from bowl and doesn't stick. Should feel like a "Babies Butt" LOL
- 3Combined batches and put into a JUMBO Zip top like bag with some oil coating it all, and rise till double, 2-3 hours.
- 4Punch down dough and shape as you like. I do braids and a Pan. Again cover and rise till double.
- 5Bake at 375 for 40-50 min. Last five min I SLATHER with butter....Eat....yummy!!!