Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
I hope you enjoy!
5-6 cflour, all purpose
2/3 cnonfat dry milk powder
2 pkgactive dry yeast
2 1/4 chot water (120-130 degrees f)
1 cpeanut butter
2 tspground cinnamon
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
4 cpowdered sugar
1/4 cpeanut butter
How to Make Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, dry milk powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, yeast, and salt. Add hot water and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Add 1 cup flour and beat on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can, still having a tender dough. Too much flour will make a tough dough. Knead by hand or with dough hook for 3-5 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. meanwhile, lightly grease two 9x9x2-inch square baking pans; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll each dough half into a 14x6-inch rectangle. Spread each rectangle with 1/4 cup of the remaining peanut butter to within 1/2 inch of the edges. (NOTE: I used more than 1/4 cup of peanut butter; more like 1/4-1/2 cup for each.) Sprinkle each with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll up each rectangle starting from a long side. Seal seams. Slice each roll into 9 pieces. Arrange, cut sides down, in prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven. Cool for 1 minute. Cool slightly. Spread with Peanut Butter Frosting. Makes 18 rolls.
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and peanut butter. Stir in enough milk to reach spreading consistency.