It's easy to put together and fills the room with wonderful scents!
1 boxlemon cake mix
1 pkggreek lemon yogurt (5.3 ounces)
1whole lemon zest, grated
1whole lemon juice
1 ccream, half and half or whole milk
3 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Lemon Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Zest the lemon and place in large mixing bowl. Juice the lemon into a one cup measuring cup and fill the remainder with the cream (half and half or whole milk).
- In the large mixing bowl with the zest, add cake mix, yogurt and the measuring cup with lemon juice and cream. Starting slowly, with a hand mixer, mix together the ingredients, then increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Spoon thick mixture into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle top with brown sugar. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely. Slice