Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Bread
Whenever I make it I always think about her and our friendship we had together.
A quick Tip for this bread: To help keep topping intact when removing loaf from pan, place tin foil over top.
- 1 pkg
- duncan hines bakery style blueberry muffin mix
- 2 Tbsp
- poppy seed
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- grated lemon peel
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8.5x4.5x2.5" loaf pan.
- 2Rinse blueberries from Mix with cold water and drain.
- 3FOR BREAD: Combine muffin mix and poppy seed in medium bowl. Break up any lumps. Add egg and water. Stir until moistened, about 50 strokes. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with contents of topping packet from Mix.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen loaf from pan. Invert onto cooling rack. Turn right-side up. Cool completely.
- 5FOR DRIZZLE: Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in small bowl. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over loaf.