King Cake Bread Pudding
- 1 can(s)
- pillsbury grands flaky layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 c
- milk, or half -and-half
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 c
- cream cheese frosting (can be from cans)
- 2 Tbsp
- bourbon, if desired
- yellow, purple, and green sanding sugar, coarse sparkling sugar or candy sprinkles
GLAZE AND DECORATIONS
How to Make King Cake Bread Pudding
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Bake biscuits as directed on can. Cool.
- 2Meanwhile, in very large bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add milk and sugar; beat well. Stir in pecans, raisins and cinnamon.
- 3Cut each cooled biscuit into six 1 inch pieces. Add biscuit pieces to egg mixture; gently stir to mix and coat well. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, so biscuit pieces soak up egg mix Pour into baking dish; press down slightly to even top.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted into egg mixture comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- 4In small bowl, mix frosting and bourbon until well combined. Spread glaze evenly over Bread pudding. Sprinkle sanding sugar over top. (or decorate as you wish with sprinkles, etc.)