Easy Banana Nut Bread
- 1 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- shortening, butter flavor
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- mashed banana
- 1/4 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 c
- golden raisins (optional)
How to Make Easy Banana Nut Bread
- 11) In mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda; set aside
- 22) In mixer bowl beat sugar and shortening at high speed of electric mixer about 5 minutes or till light, scraping sides of bowl often
- 33) Add eggs, one at a time, and milk. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer about 1 minute or till smooth and fluffy after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl often with rubber spatula to combine all ingredients
- 44) Add flour mixture and mashed banana alternately to the creamed mixture, begin by spooning about 1/3 of the flour mixture over the creamed mixture in mixer bowl. Beat at low speed of electric mixer just till smooth, scraping sides of bowl often.
- 55) Add ½ of the mashed banana to the creamed mixture. Beat at low speed just till smooth, scraping sides of bowl often. Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture; beat till smooth. Add remaining mashed banana then remaining flour mixture in the same manner. (I also added some vanilla at this point).
- 66) Mixture should appear smooth and fluffy after beating in all of the flour mixture and banana. These ingredients are added alternately to help maintain the fluffy quality of the shortening-egg mixture; adding one or the other all at once tends to reduce the fluffiness of the batter.
- 77) Gently fold in the chopped pecans or walnuts (I used a lot more than indicated and also added golden raisins).
- 88) Turn batter into lightly greased 8x4x2 loaf pan, spread batter evenly in the pan. (I also sprinkled a few more pecans on the top). Makes one loaf.
- 99) Bake in 350° oven for 60-65 minutes or till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on wire rack.