I made a double batch cuz I had 3 bananas which turned out to be about 2 cups after I put it thru the food processor. My husband & I both love raisins and lots of nuts so I basically doubled the amount and matched it with raisins, as well as sprinkling some nuts on top before baking. I also like the flavor of vanilla so put in about a tablespoon (for the double batch).
11) In mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda; set aside
22) In mixer bowl beat sugar and shortening at high speed of electric mixer about 5 minutes or till light, scraping sides of bowl often
33) Add eggs, one at a time, and milk. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer about 1 minute or till smooth and fluffy after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl often with rubber spatula to combine all ingredients
44) Add flour mixture and mashed banana alternately to the creamed mixture, begin by spooning about 1/3 of the flour mixture over the creamed mixture in mixer bowl. Beat at low speed of electric mixer just till smooth, scraping sides of bowl often.
55) Add ½ of the mashed banana to the creamed mixture. Beat at low speed just till smooth, scraping sides of bowl often. Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture; beat till smooth. Add remaining mashed banana then remaining flour mixture in the same manner. (I also added some vanilla at this point).
66) Mixture should appear smooth and fluffy after beating in all of the flour mixture and banana. These ingredients are added alternately to help maintain the fluffy quality of the shortening-egg mixture; adding one or the other all at once tends to reduce the fluffiness of the batter.
77) Gently fold in the chopped pecans or walnuts (I used a lot more than indicated and also added golden raisins).
88) Turn batter into lightly greased 8x4x2 loaf pan, spread batter evenly in the pan. (I also sprinkled a few more pecans on the top). Makes one loaf.
99) Bake in 350° oven for 60-65 minutes or till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on wire rack.