Easiest Cinnamon Rolls EVER!
1 pkgactive dry yeast (1/4) oz
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/3 cbutter (5 1/3) tbsp
1 cbrown sugar
2 1/2 Tbspcinnamon
1/3 cbutter (5 1/3 tbsp)
1 stickbutter (8 tbsp)
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/4 ccream cheese
How to Make Easiest Cinnamon Rolls EVER!
- Heat milk to approx 115 degrees.
dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Add sugar,butter, salt, eggs, and flour, mix well. BE SURE TO USE VERY SOFT BUTTER!
- Turn oven to warm.
Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Be sure to knead until ball is firm and elastic.
- Turn off and place the bowl in warm oven. Let rise approx 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Remove dough from oven, and reheat oven on warm setting.
Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 21 inches long by 16 inches wide. It should be approx 1/4 thick.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread butter over rolled dough, leaving 1/4 of long edge clean. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over rolled dough. Roll lightly with rolling pin to press brown sugar mixture into the butter.
- Roll long side, being sure to roll tightly. Pinch edge to roll to prevent it from falling apart.
- Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan. ( I like to grease with butter, and then sprinkle a tiny bit of brown sugar in the bottom.)
- Turn off oven once again and return pans for a second rise. Allow to rise approx 1 hour. Remove from oven while preheating to 400. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- While rolls are baking, prepare frosting by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Remove rolls from oven and frost while still warm.