Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
3 medium(over-ripe) bananas
2 1/2 Tbspbuttermilk (regular milk is fine)
1/2 cplus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cplus 2 tablespoons granutlated sugar
3/4 cchocolate chips
2/3 cshredded coconut, toasted
How to Make Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with milk. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla, followed by the banana mixture, until just combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined and fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and add batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Recipe from www.spoonforkbacon.com