Cherry Nut Chocolate Chip Bread
1/2 cbutter, softened
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspalmond or vanilla extract
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cdried cherries
1/2 cminiature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cchopped almonds or pecans or walnuts, toasted
How to Make Cherry Nut Chocolate Chip Bread
- Put butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in buttermilk, eggs and almond or vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add to the buttermilk mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cherries, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Grease and flour bottom only of 9 X 5 inch loaf pan. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-65 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Wrap and store in refrigerator.
- To toast nuts: Spread nuts in an ungreased pan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until brown.