Chocolate Chip Banana Cherry Bread
Once you have drained the maraschino cherries and chopped them up, place them on a paper towel to soak up the rest of the juice.
This bread will serve around eight people if they all have a slice or it will feed fewer, if those eating it gobble up the whole thing!!
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 c
- bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1/2 c
- maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2-3/4 c
- chocolate chips
- 1/4 c
- walnuts, chopped
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Cherry Bread
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In the bowl of your stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- 3Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4In a large bowl, sift the flour and soda.
- 5Add the flour/soda to the creamed mixture, alternating with the mashed bananas. Add the mixture slowly so flour doesn't fly all over the place.
- 6Add the cherries, chocolate chips and walnuts (optional on the nuts).
- 7Grease and flour a loaf pan. (You will need at least 2 regular-sized loaf pans or more if you are using minis.)
- 8Fill each loaf pan about three-quarters full.
- 9Bake for one hour. If you have a hot oven, check the bread at about 75% of the way through. Insert a knife into the middle of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- 10Optionally, you may frost the bread with a powdered sugar glaze, but I find the glaze makes the bread too sweet. If you do decide to glaze it, melt a little butter and add it to some powdered sugar and vanilla to make a thin consistency. Frost the bread while it's still warm.