Chocolate Chip Banana Cherry Bread
Once you have drained the maraschino cherries and chopped them up, place them on a paper towel to soak up the rest of the juice.
This bread will serve around eight people if they all have a slice or it will feed fewer, if those eating it gobble up the whole thing!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 cgranulated sugar
2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbananas, ripe and mashed
1/2 cmaraschino cherries, drained and chopped
1/2-3/4 cchocolate chips
1/4 cwalnuts, chopped
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Cherry Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and soda.
- Add the flour/soda to the creamed mixture, alternating with the mashed bananas. Add the mixture slowly so flour doesn't fly all over the place.
- Add the cherries, chocolate chips and walnuts (optional on the nuts).
- Grease and flour a loaf pan. (You will need at least 2 regular-sized loaf pans or more if you are using minis.)
- Fill each loaf pan about three-quarters full.
- Bake for one hour. If you have a hot oven, check the bread at about 75% of the way through. Insert a knife into the middle of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Optionally, you may frost the bread with a powdered sugar glaze, but I find the glaze makes the bread too sweet. If you do decide to glaze it, melt a little butter and add it to some powdered sugar and vanilla to make a thin consistency. Frost the bread while it's still warm.