Cherry Nut Bread
4 Tbspbutter, softened
1 cbrown sugar
2 tspbaking powder
1 bottle(10 oz.) maraschino cherries, drained, reserve juice
1/2 cchopped walnuts, pecans, or sliced almonds)
How to Make Cherry Nut Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8"x4" loaf pan, set aside.
- Beat brown sugar and butter with a mixer until light and creamy. Beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour the juice from the cherries into a measuring cup, then add milk to make 1 cup.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and cherry milk to the brown sugar mixture. Stir just until the flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Coarsely chop the cherries and fold with nuts into the batter and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire rack.