Cherry Nut Bread
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- 1 bottle
- (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, drained, reserve juice
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts, pecans, or sliced almonds)
How to Make Cherry Nut Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8"x4" loaf pan, set aside.
- 2Beat brown sugar and butter with a mixer until light and creamy. Beat in the egg.
- 3In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 4Pour the juice from the cherries into a measuring cup, then add milk to make 1 cup.
- 5Alternately add the flour mixture and cherry milk to the brown sugar mixture. Stir just until the flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- 6Coarsely chop the cherries and fold with nuts into the batter and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- 7Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire rack.