Caramel Pumpkin Rolls
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The aroma from these baking is so good, I was having a hard time not opening the oven door while they were baking! There's just the right amount of ooey gooey filling inside and the caramel glaze on top is easy to make and delicious. The Test Kitchen
- frozen bread dough
- 2 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 c
- canned pumpkin
- egg white
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- coarse sea salt
- 1/4 c
- chopped pecans (optional)
FOR THE GLAZE
How to Make Caramel Pumpkin Rolls
- 1Thaw frozen bread dough (such as Rhodes) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 2Turn dough out onto floured work area. Use a rolling pin to roll it into a 12 by 18 rectangle. If the dough shrinks back, allow it to rest a little longer.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9X13 inch baking pan with cooking spray for 12 rolls. Also you can use round cake pans and place 6 rolls in each.
- 4The next 7 ingredients are for the filling. In a medium bowl, use a mixer to beat cream cheese, pumpkin, egg white, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar.
- 5Spread the mixture evenly over the dough going all the way to the edge except on one long side (leave 1 inch of that long side bare).
- 6Starting with that side, roll up the dough into a log, pinching the seam to seal.
- 7Using a serrated knife, cut the log into 12 slices. Arrange the rounds into prepared pan(s).
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until puffy, about 35-45 minutes.
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Making the glaze: While rolls are baking, combine butter, brown sugar, cream and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium/high heat.
- 11Cook, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- 12When rolls are done, immediately drizzle them all over with the glaze. Garnish with chopped pecans, if desired. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!