Caramel Pumpkin Rolls
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The aroma from these baking is so good, I was having a hard time not opening the oven door while they were baking! There's just the right amount of ooey gooey filling inside and the caramel glaze on top is easy to make and delicious. The Test Kitchen
1frozen bread dough
2 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/3 ccanned pumpkin
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
FOR THE GLAZE
1 1/4 cpacked dark brown sugar
1/2 cevaporated milk
1/2 tspcoarse sea salt
1/4 cchopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Caramel Pumpkin Rolls
- Thaw frozen bread dough (such as Rhodes) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Turn dough out onto floured work area. Use a rolling pin to roll it into a 12 by 18 rectangle. If the dough shrinks back, allow it to rest a little longer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9X13 inch baking pan with cooking spray for 12 rolls. Also you can use round cake pans and place 6 rolls in each.
- The next 7 ingredients are for the filling. In a medium bowl, use a mixer to beat cream cheese, pumpkin, egg white, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the dough going all the way to the edge except on one long side (leave 1 inch of that long side bare).
- Starting with that side, roll up the dough into a log, pinching the seam to seal.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the log into 12 slices. Arrange the rounds into prepared pan(s).
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until puffy, about 35-45 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Making the glaze: While rolls are baking, combine butter, brown sugar, cream and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- When rolls are done, immediately drizzle them all over with the glaze. Garnish with chopped pecans, if desired. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!