Caribbean Corn Bread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter, room temperature, 2 sticks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned cream style corn
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple drained
How to Make Caribbean Corn Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Butter and flour a 9 inch square glass cake pan. Old fashioned Pyrex works best for this.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3In mixer, cream butter and sugar. While mixer is running, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add corn, pineapple and cheese and mix to blend. On a low speed, add dry ingredients and mix til blended well.
- 4Pour batter into prepared pan and baked til tester stuck in center comes out clean, about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. Don’t undercook cornbread. it should be golden brown on to when done.