Banana Nut Streusel Bread
1/2 cbutter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 tspsalt (preferably nature's first)
1 tspbaking soda
2 cwalnuts, chopped
6 Tbspunsalted butter, cold
6 Tbsppacked brown sugar
How to Make Banana Nut Streusel Bread
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large mixing bowl mash bananas with a potato masher (or a fork if you don't have a masher). Add in the butter, sugar, salt and eggs; fully incorporate after each ingredient addition.
- In small bowl blend the flour and baking soda. Add to the wet mixture and beat until just about blended, still a little dry parts showing.
- Add walnuts and finish mixing. Divide batter into 2 8 inch loaf pans and set aside.
- Wipe out the bowl used for the flour mixture...Place all topping ingredients and mix well. You can use two knives, a fork or a pastry blender. I prefer to use my hands to fully mix everything up.
- Dived topping and crumble the topping over the batter and pat down slightly, cover whole loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour. Do not over bake. Check for done-ness with a toothpick at center at 1 hour.