Banana Date bread
How to Make Banana Date bread
- 1Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
(I often make a double batch of this recipe and use 3 small loaf pans (7 3/8x 3 5/8) instead of 2 pans this size.)
- 2Cream together butter and sugar until light. Mix in the eggs. Add bananas and mix well.
- 3Add salt and soda to creamed mixture, mix and then add the flour a half cup at a time beating quickly.
- 4Stir in dates and nuts. (I use the pre-chopped dates sold in the store, if you find you have to chop your dates, you will have to mix them with a little flour so they will not stick together.)
- 5Preheat over to 350 degrees. Turn batter into pan. Let sit for 20 minutes. Bake 60 minutes or until done (toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.) Bread will be very dark.
Cool 10 minutes on wire rack and remove from pan. I usually leave a little longer and turn pan upside down to help bread release from pan.