- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- melted shortening
- flour as needed for recipe
How to Make Aunt Jewel Drawhorn's Butter roll
- 1Mix together all ingredients except the flour. Add flour to the mixture to make dough stiff enough to roll out sort of like pie crust, only roll it into an oblong instead of out round.
- 2Chip 1 lb. butter in small thin slices on top of the dough and sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar.
- 3Roll dough jelly-roll style and cut in round circles - like a cinnamon roll.
- 4Place in baking dish. Sprinkle 2 cups sugar on top and pour 2 cups boiling water with vanilla over the circles. Bake at 300 degrees for 35 minutes.