12fully cooked tamales your choice but i prefer pork)
18 inch pan of cooked cornbread
2 can(s)rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 Tbspolive oil
1 largeonion, chopped
1 tspchili powder
1 tspgarlic powder
2 cshredded mexican blend cheese
How to Make Tamale Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crumble tamales and cornbread into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the juice from the tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute onion 3 minutes. Add seasonings and drained tomatoes cook 5 minutes longer or until onion is tender.
- Toss the tomato mixture lightly with the tamale mixture and the cheese. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until browned.