Swiss Poppy Seed Bread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1french bread loaf
1 pkgswiss cheese
2 Tbspminced onion
1 Tbspdutch mustard or grey poupon
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
2 Tbsppoppy seed
1/2 tspseason salt
How to Make Swiss Poppy Seed Bread
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil large enough to hold the French bread loaf and a couple inches extra on each end.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- With a serrated knife, slice the bread diagonally in 1-inch slices.
- Place the bread in the middle of the aluminum foil.
- Insert half of a Swiss cheese slice between each slice of bread.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Turn the heat to low.
- To the butter, add the minced onion, mustard, lemon juice, poppy seed and season salt.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove, and pour a little bit of the mixture between each slice.
- At this point, if you wanted to turn this into a sandwich, you would place a piece of deli ham between each slice of bread.
- Wrap the aluminum foil around the bread, but do not cover it completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and serve immediately. This bread is addictive!