Soft Parmesan Cheese Toast
- 4 oz
- margarine or butter
- 1 1/4 Tbsp
- diced garlic (bottled is easiest and inexpensive)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese - divided
- 12 slice
- or more of any type bread (white and light rye are the best)
How to Make Soft Parmesan Cheese Toast
- 1Preheat a flat griddle or pan on medium heat. (If you're stove is gas, just over medium flame.)
- 2Mix butter, diced garlic, and 1/8 cup of Parmesan cheese together. Spread on bread slices.
- 3Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese divided among bread slices.
- 4Spray griddle with non-stick spray (preferably olive oil) just before you toast the bread.
Drop each piece of bread, face down, onto griddle. Wait approximately 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes and flip over only long enough to verify that the bread/Parmesan is toasted. Take off griddle. Do not toast the back of the bread as only toasting one side is what keeps it soft and crispy.