NA/ME Inspired Cornbread
1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspdried, ground aleppo pepper
2large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cbuttermilk
1 cregular (not fat free) sour cream
1/3 cminced & rinsed preserved lemon
1 sticksalted butter, softened
How to Make NA/ME Inspired Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place 10" cast iron skillet in oven to preheat as well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl. Stir *very* well with the same whisk. You want the eggs to be beaten well & the lemon to be well distributed.
- Bring pan out of oven. Spray heavily with oil.
- Quickly combine wet & dry ingredients. Fold & mix gently but thoroughly. Don't over mix.
- Pour into skillet, smooth top & bake for 30 -35 minutes until lightly browned on top & edges pull away from skillet just a weeee bit.
- While it's baking, combine the softened butter with the honey thoroughly & refrigerate.
- When cornbread is done, allow it to cool for a few minutes before slathering with the honey butter.