Italian Crescent Wreath
- 1/2 lb
- mild italian sausage
- 3 Tbsp
- dried tomato/garlic pesto mix
- 1 c
- colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 can(s)
- (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 c
- red & green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tube(s)
- (8 oz) tubes of crescent rolls
- 1 Tbsp
- sesame seeds
How to Make Italian Crescent Wreath
- 1Brown first 2 ingredients in medium skillet until sausage is no longer pink; add next 4 ingredients. Unroll and separate crescent rolls into triangles; arrange crescent rolls with wide ends completely overlapping in a wreath shape on large baking pan. Spoon sausage mixture over wide ends of crescent rolls; roll pointed ends and tuck under wide ends, leaving filling visible.
- 2Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward center, overlap edge of cookie sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten.
- 3Spread filling on widest part of the dough to within 1 inch of points. Roll end of triangles over mixture and tuck under dough to form ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- 4Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With broad spatula, carefully loosen wreath from cookie sheet; slide onto serving platter. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.