Honduran Coconut Bread – Pan de Coco
- 1 1/2
- coconuts, grated (if not using fresh coconut use 1 1/2 cups ef unsweetened coconut)
- 2 1/2 c
- coconut milk
- 3 lb
- bread flour
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- warm water
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- sugar ot to taste
- 3 tsp
- 3 tsp. salt
- 2 c
- warm coconut water ( add more if needed)
How to Make Honduran Coconut Bread – Pan de Coco
- 1Puncture the eyes of the coconut shell and strain the coconut milk into a bowl.
Peel and grate the coconut. Add about 2 1 / 2 cups warm coconut milk. Mix well.
- 2Dissolve yeast in 1 / 4 cup water
warm, add a tbsp. of sugar and one tbsp of
- 3When you add the yeast mix also add the
Knead well until smooth. If you feel that the dough is a little hard, you can add a little more coconut milk or plain water if there isn't enough remaining.
- 4In a large oiled pan put the dough, turn the
dough to be completely oiled, cover
with a blanket and leave it up to rise
about two hours.
- 5Divide dough into portions, depending on
size of the molds to use for baking.
Knead and form into loaves and place in greased pans.
- 6Allow to rise again . Bake in preheated oven at
350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from
the molds and allow to cool.