Garlic & Cheese Rolls
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1 cvery warm water(100 degrees)
2 1/2 call purpose flour
2 Tbspolive or vegetable oil
2 tspminced garlic, divided
1 Tbspmelted butter
1 1/2 tspitalian seasoning
·grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Garlic & Cheese Rolls
- Sprinkle dry yeast into warm water. Stir to moisten and let stand until foamy, about 5 mins.
- In medium bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 teaspoon italian seasoning.
- Add yeast and water mixture to dry ingredients followed by the oil. Mix well. Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 mins. More flour may be added if dough is too sticky.
- Place dough back into bowl and let rest for 10 mins. On lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a 9 X 14 rectangle.
- For Garlic & Cheese rolls:
Add remaining teaspoon minced garlic to melted butter and brush over dough keeping 1/2 inch from edges. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, parmesan and mozzarella cheese (the amount is up to you, I use a about a tablespoon parmesan and at least a 1/2 cup mozzarella).
- Begin rolling dough along a 14 inch side and roll tightly, turning seam side down to seal edges. Cut into generous 1" slices and place on greased cookie sheets. Let rise while oven is preheating.
- For pepperoni pizza rolls:
Roll out dough as before. Spread with a thin layer of pizza sauce(again, the amount is up to you) keeping 1/2 inch from the edges. Sprinkle with the cheeses and then chopped pepperoni or other favorite pizza toppings. Roll up and slice as before.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes until golden and cheese is bubbly.